|Anne Lutz, Revenue Manager
(318) 424-8697, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sci-Port: Louisiana's Science Center
|Camp 1 Dates
March 30–April 3
Camp 2 Dates
9 AM–4 PM
Price Per Day
$55 Members; $65 Non-Members
Drop-off is located inside the Center
in the Red River Gallery every day.
Pick-up will be available curbside or inside the building in the Anderson Family Foucault Pendulum area.
|HOW TO REGISTER
|Call (318) 424-8660
|Full-Day Camp includes a morning and an afternoon session; all materials and supplies needed for each session; breakfast, snacks and lunch.
Camp Cancellation Policy: Cancellations should be made at least 14 days before the camp begins. Sci-Port will retain a $15 processing fee per child after cancellation. No refund is available for cancellations within 14 days before the camp begins.
Extended Care is included with the price of every camp; camps are 9 AM - 4 PM.
|MONSTER Spring Break Camps 2015
Monster Science is at Sci-Port for Spring Break 2015! Campers can explore our traveling exhibit How to Make a Monster: The Art and Technology of Animatronics and conduct monster-themed science in accompanying camp activities.
Camp themes vary by day. Pre-registration is required.
MONSTER Camp Schedule
|Day of Week
||Monster Build Challenge
||Campers sculpt their own creative creatures from conductive dough. They will also learn to use snap circuit rovers to utilize circuitry and electricity to bring light to their monsters!
||Mad Scientist Monster Science
||Mix concoctions including Gloop, Slime and Silly Putty. Campers create test tube candy while learning about chromatography, a method of separating and analyzing mixtures of chemicals.
|Get your zoology on: campers will meet “real monsters” including a bearded dragon and American alligators. Campers also learn about other exotic animals like Komodo dragons, poison dart frogs and the South African ghost mantis.
||This camp is perfect for animal lovers. New species are discovered all the time, often times in remote areas of the world. This camp includes a crash course in animal adaptation so kids can use their creativity to imagine a new species of their own right here at Sci-Port!
||Make a Monster Movie
||Learn the visual sciences behind cinema by creating a zoetrope and thaumatrope. Campers will even create a stop-motion monster movie that may be viewed and share via YouTube!
Drop Off (8-9 AM)
- Drop off is located inside inside the Center in the Red River Gallery.
- All campers must be walked into the building by their guardian in the mornings for check-in purposes.
- For your child’s safety, please remember to sign in your child with Sci-Port’s Camp staff.
Pick Up (4-5 PM)
- You will be charged a late fee of $1 per minute, per child, after 5 PM
- Pick-up is located in the Sci-Port circle drive (Anderson Family Foucault Pendulum)
- Pick-up in the curb side – right lane only (Left lane is reserved for exiting traffic)
- You must have an official Sci-Port pick-up sign displayed on your dashboard for each camper you are picking up.
*If you forget your sign(s), then you must park in one of the parking lots and come inside to the pendulum area to sign out your child with a Sci-Port Camp Staff member. Campers will only be released to a parent or guardian with photo ID.