Revenue Programs Manager
(318) 424-8699, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sci-Port: Louisiana's Science Center
|Camp 1 Dates
March 28–April 1, 2016
9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Price Per Day
$55 Members; $65 Non-Members
Drop-off is located inside the Center in the JPMorgan Chase Grand Lobby.
Pick-up is available curbside in the Sci-Port Circle Drive near the Anderson Family Foucault
|HOW TO REGISTER
Call (318) 424-8660
Download form here.
|Full-Day Camp includes all supplies needed for each session as well as breakfast, snacks and lunch.
Camp Cancellation Policy: Cancellations should be made at least 14 days before the camp begins. Sci-Port will retain a $15 processing fee per child after cancellation. No refund is available for cancellations within 14 days before the camp begins.
All campers must have a current medical form on file. Download here.
Spring Break Camps 2016
Campers learn wilderness survival skills and the scientific concepts behind them! Lessons include how to collect and purify water, find which way is north, build a shelter and stay warm, the art of making a whistle from an acorn and much more!
Camp themes vary by day. Pre-registration is required.
Camp Schedule - 2016
|Day of Week
|| Survival 101
|| Learn the basic science of survival. See live demonstrations from military survival professionals and make your own survival kit!
|| Explore botany as you learn how to use plants for food or to make clothing, medicine and even perfume! Enjoy a snack of edible flowers as we learn all about foraging!
|| Building Shelter and Finding Water
||Campers work in teams to build different types of shelters including a cocoon, a lean-to and an A frame. Learn how to use science to purify water by making a transpiration bag!
|| Orienteering and Signaling
|| If you like treasure hunts, orienteering is for you! Campers make compasses and use them in a physical and mental challenge to find their way to a treasure. We will also learn how to make signals and communicate from long distances. Campers also make acorn whistles.
|| Survival Games
|| Put your skills to the test! Campers use their scientific knowledge in a survival game where they must find food and water, build a shelter and discover ways to collaborate on rescue techniques. All campers will receive a paracord survival bracelet!
Drop Off (8-9 a.m.)
- Drop off is located inside Center Lobby at the camp registration table.
- All campers must be walked into the building by their guardian in the mornings for check-in purposes.
- For your child’s safety, please remember to sign in your child with Sci-Port’s Camp staff.
Pick Up (4-5 p.m.)
- Curbside in the Sci-Port Circle Drive near the Anderson Family Foucault Pendulum.
- Curbside pick-up is in the right lane only. (Left lane is reserved for exiting traffic.)
- You must have an official Sci-Port pick-up sign displayed on your dashboard for each camper you are picking up.
- You will be charged a late fee of $1 per minute, per child, after 5 p.m.
*If you forget your sign(s), then you must park in one of the parking lots and come inside to the pendulum area to sign out your child with a Sci-Port Camp Staff member. Campers will only be released to a parent or guardian with photo ID.