Homeschool Science Days
Sci-Port's Homeschool Science Days is a program designed to offer homeschool students an opportunity to spend an afternoon together at the Center while participating in a scientific lab, a demonstration and exploring the exhibits. Make your reservations early as these popular programs will fill quickly.
- Homeschool Science Days are reservation-only events, and advanced payment is required to participate. Reservations will be accepted up to two days prior to the program so that Sci-Port staff may prepare needed materials.
- Admissions - Sci-Port Members pay only lab fees to participate. Non-Members pay $6 per person admission, plus the lab fee for each student participating. This special price starts at 1:30 p.m. on each Homeschool Science Days' date.
- Lab fee - $2 per student attending lab.
- Programs will begin at 2 p.m. (later times may apply as needed depending on the grade level(s) and number of students being served). You will be notified of actual times upon arrival.
- Registration is complete with full payment. Registrations can be made by calling (318) 424-8660.
Dates and topics:
for the program catalog for descriptions of each program.
- Thursday, February 21: Engineering (Grades: 4th - 12th)
Labs: Power Up (4th - 7th); Marble Mania (8th - 12th)
Please note: There will be no demonstrations due to labs lasting 60+ minutes.
- Thursday, March 21: Geology (Grades: 2nd - 12th)
Labs: Rockin’ Geologist (2nd - 8th); Sonar Mapping (9th - 12th)
Please note: There will be no demonstrations due to labs lasting 60 minutes.