Scheduling Your Visit
- All teachers planning a field trip to Sci-Port should attend our Best Field Trip Ever Workshop. In these workshops, you'll learn how to use our Visit Planner and discover amazing connections between curriculum standards and our permanent exhibit galleries. Plus, find out which programs are right for you and your classroom.
- Allow time for programs. We encourage 60 minutes for regular school groups (90 minutes for School Pass Partners), approximately 45 minutes for an IMAX Dome Theatre film and 90 minutes for exploring Sci-Port's permanent exhibit galleries. Don't forget to schedule time for lunch and shopping in our Discoveries Unlimited Gift Shop!
- Select your programs from the Program Catalog.
(Pre-school - 1st grades: Schedule the Rasberry-Powers Children's Gallery or check out Sci-Port's Pre-school - 2nd grade only days.)
- Call (318) 424-8660 to make your reservation at least two weeks in advance. Assemble the following information before calling to reserve your field trip:
- Contact information: Lead educator, school address, phone, fax and e-mail.
- Attendees: Grade level(s), number of students, number of teachers and number of chaperones. Sci-Port requires a minimum of one chaperone for every 10 students to escort your students during their visit.
- Dates and times: Visit date, alternate date, arrival time and departure time.
- Activities: Labs, Demonstrations, Planetarium shows, IMAX Dome Theatre films and Unique Programs for your classroom.
- Special needs: Please notify us of any special needs your students may have.
- Lunch order: If you want to order a lunch through Counter Culture, have the total number for each lunch package and drink selection ready. Lunch packages must be ordered two days before your visit.
Please note: Inside lunchroom seating is reserved for classes ordering from Counter Culture. Those bringing their own lunches may use outside seating around Sci-Port and across the street on the riverfront. Sci-Port will try to accommodate you in the case of inclement weather but cannot guarantee a seating area unless lunches have been purchased.
The week before your visit:
- Download the Teacher Resource Guide(s) for the program(s) and/or IMAX film you've booked. There you'll find pre- and post-visit activities to prepare your students for their experience.
- Call to schedule a personal tour and to review your field trip with one of our on-site educators.
When you arrive:
- Have a final headcount of all attendees, including chaperones and teachers, ready for check-in.
- Combine money into one group payment and designate a representative to make that payment. Sci-Port accepts school checks, major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) or cash. No envelopes with loose change, please.
After your visit: